Increased passenger figures for AUA in 2019!
As Aruba Airport kicked off 2020 with a successful Super Weekend processing a total of 24,627 passengers in and out of the airport and handled 111 flight movements, Aruba Airport Authority N.V. (AAA) is also very happy to report an increase in the total number of passengers who have visited Aruba in 2019. Aruba Airport has experienced a strong increase of 3% totaling to approximately 2.53 million (in and out) passengers, served by 27 airlines, compared to 2018 and now provides service to 32 international airports in 12 countries, and 28 destinations.
Below are a few of the developments that have led to the remarkable results of 2019:
- New La Guardia-Aruba year-round service
- Expands Chicago-Aruba seasonal operation
Delta Air Lines:
- Additional mid-week Boston service in December 2019 and January 2020.
- Adding additional rotations from New York from 11 to 16 weekly flights from June 2019 to October 2019
- Two additional flights for the summer season and a total of 3 weekly flights from Fort Lauderdale – Aruba during peak weeks
- Expansion of seasonal service to Chicago from 2 weekly to 5 weekly flights
- Additional 2 mid-week service for the winter season
Initially decided to cut back flights but was turned around after collaborating back to current schedule
Up gauging of twice weekly service to a B737- 800 aircraft and will service the destination for a total of 9 out of the 12 months
Last December launched new nonstop service from Aruba to Barranquilla and Medellin.
Coming back to Super Weekend 2020 (January 5 & 6, 2020) Aruba Airport processed a total of 24,627 passengers in and out of the airport and handled 111 flight movements. At the screening points over 28,000 pieces of luggage were processed.
The staff has shown the passengers that Aruba Airport can truly provide them with a positive last impression while using the airport facilities. This could only be possible with the dedication and commitment of each of the airport employees working as a team together at the airport.
Aruba Airport thanks the entire airport community for their remarkable efforts in 2019 and congratulates them for the impressive results. 2020 has already shown that the enthusiasm to provide quality service to Aruba’s passengers is strong and stable.