About The Airport
Budapest Airport (BUD) is the main international airport of Hungary, the gateway for a land-locked catchment of over 12.7 million people in a nearby radius. Serving more than 16,2 million passengers in 2019 – an all-time high in the history of the airport. Numbers have increased by almost 60% since 2015 and 91% since 2013.
- In 2019, 49 airlines served 153 airports in 135 cities and in 49 countries.
- In 2022, 35 airlines served 122 airports in 112 cities, meaning a recovery of 85% of destinations and more than 70% airlines.
Being the most successful airport in Central Eastern Europe in terms of passenger growth, service quality and operational efficiency, BUD has won the Skytrax Award for ‘Best Airport in Eastern Europe’ in eight consecutive years – an unrivalled performance in the Central and Eastern European Region setting very high standards of customer service.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Wizzair, Ryanair, Lufthansa, easyjet, LOT
- Number of Serving Airlines: 35 (scheduled)
- Number of Direct Destinations: 122
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3707x45 meters
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 16,2 million passengers (2019)
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 183,000 tonnes (2021)
- Ownership: Private Shareholders
- Operational Opening Hours: 0-24
- Total Catchment Population: (within 60mins/within 90mins): 3 million/4.3 million
- Urban Population: 2 million
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 38