Introduction to Budapest Airport
Budapest Airport (BUD) is the main international airport of Hungary, the gateway for a land-locked catchment of over 12.7 million people in a nearby radius. Serving more than 16,2 million passengers in 2019 – an all-time high in the history of the airport – BUD is continuing to expand, forecasting further growth in 2020. Numbers have increased by almost 60% since 2015 and 91% since 2013. Last year, our annual growth rate was more than double than the EU average growth, which was 3.2%.
In 2019, 49 airlines served 153 airports in 135 cities and in 49 countries.
Adding 33 routes in 2019, our...
Routes' weekly update on how airlines and airports across Europe are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Eight destinations return to KLM’s network
- Wizz Air unveils inaugural Abu Dhabi routes
- Wizz Air to restart select London Luton and Vienna routes
- Korean Air to open seasonal Budapest route
- Wizz Air to start Budapest-Santander route in June
- Korean Air tentatively schedules Budapest service from late-March 2021