Introduction to Budapest Airport
Budapest Airport (BUD) is the main international airport of Hungary, the gateway for a land-locked catchment of over 12.7 million people in a nearby radius. Serving more than 16,2 million passengers in 2019 – an all-time high in the history of the airport. Numbers have increased by almost 60% since 2015 and 91% since 2013.
- In 2019, 49 airlines served 153 airports in 135 cities and in 49 countries.
- In 2022, 35 airlines served 122 airports in 112 cities, meaning a recovery of 85% of destinations and more than 70% airlines.
Being the most successful airport in Central Eastern Europe in terms of...
Routes Europe attendees have their say on whether or not an airport’s sustainability credentials will influence airline network planning decisions...
- Ryanair Boosts Bases In France, Italy And Spain
- Air Canada To Resume Slew Of International Routes
- Routes In Brief: Rolling Daily Updates (W/C Jan. 31)
- Norwegian To Reopen Stockholm Arlanda Base
- Route Analysis: Budapest-Chişinău
- Routes In Brief: Rolling Daily Updates (W/C Jan. 10)