About The Airport
Shannon airport is the most westerly international airport in Europe, strategically located on the West coast of Ireland. It is centrally located for the Wild Atlantic Way, the World's longest defined coastal touring route and one of the World's most spectacular coastlines.
We are the first airport in the World, outside of the Americas, to offer Full US Preclearance facilities to passengers travelling to the USA and the only airport in Europe to offer full US preclearance for private aircraft.
As an independent airport we have a fresh approach to doing business with our customers. Free thinking, flexible, independent, you'll love doing business with us.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Ryanair, Aer Lingus, Delta Airlines, American, United
- Number of Serving Airlines: 15
- Number of Direct Destinations: 32
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3,199m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 1.8 million
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 5,890 tonnes January to June 2016
- Ownership: Shannon Airport Authority Ltd.
- Operational Opening Hours: 24/7
- Total Catchment Population: 1.04 million
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 30