Routes Europe 2014
The Routes Awards are highly regarded as the most prestigious awards in the industry as they are voted for and judged by the airline network planning community.
They provide the airline community with the chance to have their say as to which airport or destination they think provide the best overall marketing activities to them. Whether it is about the nature of their relationship, effective results, provision of data and information or innovative techniques to establish new or maintain and develop existing routes.
The airline community will also vote for which tourism organisation provided the best destination marketing campaign that jointly supported its airport and airline partners, whether it be about their research for new marketing opportunities, compelling results, innovative use of technologies or techniques that reinforced their support to the airline.
These much sought after awards are a great way for the winning airports and tourism authorities to have a credible recognition which they can proudly talk about to their customers and other stakeholders.
The Routes Europe Awards took place at Routes Europe Networking Evening, April 7th, Marseille, France hosted by Marseille Provence Airport. The awards will be continued throughout the year at all other Routes events, culminating at World Routes in Chicago this September. The overall winner of each of Regional Awards will be automatically short-listed for the World Routes Awards.
Airline managers can nominate up to five airports and five toursim authorities whose marketing efforts over the past 12 months have made a real impact on their future network development plans.
All airlines should be considering the efficient and useful marketing activities of any airport on their network in the European region.
Please note that all network planning executives and those involved in the route development process both on a local and international planning basis are entitled to vote.
The 4 categories for airlines to vote for this year were:
- Over 20 Million Passengers
- 4 – 20 Million Passengers
- Under 4 Million Passengers
- Best Destination Marketing Campaign
- Copenhagen Airport - Winner
- Frankfurt Airport - Highly Commended
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol - Highly Commended
- Barcelona–El Prat Airport
- Sheremetyevo Airport
- Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport
4 – 20m
- Brussels Airport - Winner
- Athens International Airport - Highly Commended
- Prague Airport - Highly Commended
- Catania–Fontanarossa Airport
- Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen International Airport
- City Airport Bremen - Winner & Overall Winner
- Shannon Airport - Highly Commended
- John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice - Highly Commended
- George Enescu International Airport.Bacau
- Begishevo Airport
- David the Builder Kutaisi International Airport
Destination Marketing Awards
- Valencia Tourism - Winner
- Stockholm Visitors Board & Convention Bureau - Highly Commended
- Polish National Tourist Office
- Malta Tourism
- Promote Iceland