About The Airport
Welcome to the airports for Germany's capital region with 34.7 million passenger in 2018.
Operating the two airports of Berlin, Berlin Brandenburg Airport handles Germany´s third largest airport location with around 34.7 million passengers anually: Schönefeld-Airport to the south-east of the city and Tegel Airport to the north-west of the city-centre.
In order to create the capacities required for the future, the new Berlin Brandenburg Airport Willy Brandt is currently being built. All air traffic in Germany´s capital region will be concentrated at Berlin Brandenburg. The new airport will be designated the IATA code BER - the three trademark letters of the new airport.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: easyJet, Ryanair, Lufthansa, Eurowings
- Number of Serving Airlines: 86
- Number of Direct Destinations: 183
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 4000
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 34.7
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 90,000
- Ownership: public
- Operational Opening Hours: 05:30-23:30 lt
- Total Catchment Population: 22,2
- Urban Population: 6,5
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 85