Introduction to Almaty International Airport
TAV Airports took over operations in Almaty, the economic capital and the busiest airport of Kazakhstan in April 2021. TAV is now 85% beneficial owner of Almaty Airport and associated fuel and catering businesses, and Kazakhstan Infrastructure Fund, managed by VPE Capital and backed by Kazyna Capital Management, holds the remaining 15% stake. Almaty is the first airport in TAV’s portfolio where the company owns the airport instead of a time limited concession. Kazakhstan’s main aviation gateway and the flag carrier Air Astana’s base, Almaty Airport is an important junction on...
Despite being affected by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, SVP of network Wolfgang Reuss believes airBaltic is on track to top 3 million passenger...
- Air Astana Plans New UK and Turkey Connections
- Almaty Airport is reopened to flights
- Kazakhstan's Air Astana Restores Full Network Following Unrest
- Routes In Brief: December's Rolling Daily Updates
- Routes In Brief: November’s Rolling Daily Updates
- Route Analysis: Almaty-Colombo