Introduction to Port Elizabeth Airport
Chief Dawid Surrman International Airport has earned itself the title of the "ten-minute airport" as it is less than ten minutes' drive from most major areas in the city.
Chief Dawid Surrman International Airport was established in 1929 and is in close proximity of the city. Some nine years later it was re-opened boasting a single runway, a hangar and a concrete apron. Construction to the terminal buildings, runways and air traffic control building started in 1950 and was officially opened in 1955. In 1973 the apron was extended to accommodate bigger aircraft and a new departures terminal...
Airports Company South Africa (ACSA)
Other Organisations Within Airports Company South Africa (ACSA)
The airline said it is in the ‘second phase’ of its network rebuild following the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Emirates and Airlink sign codeshare agreement
- Emirates inks South African interline agreement
- Airlink resumes Johannesburg – Port Elizabeth service from mid-July 2020
- Comair stands ‘reasonable’ chance of survival
- South African Airways Network Restructure from March 2020
- Cemair adds Port Elizabeth – East London service from Jan 2019
Latest Updates from Port Elizabeth Airport
Port Elizabeth Airport:
has updated the Facts and Figures on their profile
9 days 4 hours ago