Routes Asia 2014
The Routes Awards are highly regarded as the most prestigious awards in the industry as they are voted for and judged by the airline network planning community.
They provide the airline community with the chance to have their say as to which airport they think provides the best overall marketing services to them whether it be about their particular relationship, effective results, provision of data and information or innovative techniques to establish new or maintain and develop existing routes.
The airline community will also vote for which tourism organisation provided the best destination marketing campaign that jointly supported its airport and airline partners, whether it be about their research for new marketing opportunities, compelling results, innovative use of technologies or techniques that reinforced their support to the airline and airport targets.
These much sought after awards are a great way for the winning airports and tourism authorities to have a credible recognition which they can proudly talk about to their customers and other stakeholders.
The Routes Asia Awards took place at Routes Asia Networking Evening on 10th March, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia hosted by Ministry of Tourism, Sarawak and Malaysia Airports. The awards will be continued throughout the year at all other Routes events, culminating at World Routes in Chicago this September. The overall winner of each of Regional Awards will be automatically short-listed for the World Routes Awards.
Voting closed please see below for results
Airline managers can nominate up to five airports and five tourism authorities whose marketing efforts over the past 12 months have made a real impact on their future network development plans.
All airlines should be considering the efficient and useful marketing activities of any airport on their network in Asia.
Please note that all network planning executives and those involved in the route development process both on a local and international planning basis are entitled to vote.
Congratulations to all our highly commended and winning airports and destinations and a special congratulations to Abu Dhabi International Airport, our overall winner at the second regional Routes event
Over 20 Million Passengers
- Changi Airport Group - Winner
- Kunming Changshui International Airport - Highly Commended
- Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport - Highly Commended
- Melbourne International Airport
4 -20 Million Passengers
- Abu Dhabi International Airport - Winner & Overall Winner
- Christchurch International Airport - Highly Commended
- Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport
- Nanning Wuxu International Airport
- Bangalore International Airport
Under 4 Million Passengers
- Darwin International Airport - Winner
- Sihanoukville International Airport - Highly Commended
- Clark International Airport
- Ras Al Khaimah International Airport
Destination Marketing Award
- Tourism Australia - Winner
- Philippine Department of Tourism - Highly Commended
- Singapore Tourism Board
- Tourism Malaysia
- Tourism New Zealand