Nearly every airline in the world has a website, so most airlines can have access to user IP addresses (and thus users’ exact location) and with the low cost of storage, airlines can also gather what travellers search for, not only the final purchase. This presentation will look at what we can achieve if we broaden the data landscape to include “internet searches” as a first step and how this data can be used to identify traffic leakage.
Taking place on Wednesday 15 February, Routes Talks are a series of talks, presentations and discussions, dedicated to providing interesting and engaging content for attendees of Routes Americas. Delegates can add these sessions to their diaries.
Wednesday, 15 February 2017
- Canada's aviation policy is under review for first time in 25 years.
- What effect will the planned changes to foreign ownership of airlines mean?
- Will this reduce fares, will we see an ULCC carrier enter the market?
- Will the duopoly between Air Canada and Westjet continue?
- What effect will the planned changes to airport ownership and control have on the market?
- Can Canada’s airports reclaim traffic from the US hubs?
ASM will analyse why KLM Royal Dutch Airlines are replacing its service to Cali with a new destination in Colombia. Starting 28 March 2017, KLM will no longer include Cali in its circular service to Bogotá. Instead, it will continue on to Cartagena.
- Will LCCs finally take off in Latin America? Copa launches new LCC – will other carriers follow and how will this compete with the Viva model? Will new LCCs in Latin America be successful?
- Which airport infrastructure challenges are being solved? Is there promise in a new Mexico City airport or is it too far away? Will there be more new infrastructural developments in secondary cities?
- How is the Mexican/US enhanced Air Service Agreement altering the region? What trends are emerging in North-South travel and what will happen as the new U.S. administration takes over?
Workshop clinic ASM in discussion with Dr. Lorraine Nicholas, Tourism Specialist, Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States Commission (OECS Commission)
* Please note like all events, the programme is subject to change.
Mike St Laurent
Vice President, Consulting, ASM
Director, Air Service Development, VANTAGE Airport Group
Director, Network & Schedule Planning, WestJet
SVP, Commercial, Allegiant Air
Senior Vice President and Product Development, ASM
Dr. Lorraine Nicholas
Tourism Specialist, Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States Commission (OECS Commission)