For further press information please contact:
First Ever Cargo Conference Co-Located with World Routes Sees Over 100 Delegates
Posted 30/09/2010 - Viewed 4123 time(s)
- For Immediate Release -
FIRST EVER CARGO CONFERENCE CO-LOCATED WITH WORLD ROUTES
SEES OVER 100 DELEGATES
Vancouver, Canada, 21 September 2010
Air Cargo Week's (ACW) Air Cargo Conference, the first ever cargo conference to be co-located with World Routes, proved to be a great success. Over 100 delegates took part in the conference, held on the 19th of September, 2010.
This year has seen a concerted increase in the cargo focus of World Routes, with a significant rise in the number of cargo delegates present. Nigel Mayes, Managing Director of Routes, said that he was happy to see the cargo sector better represented at World Routes, an event that has traditionally been passenger-led.
The conference addressed various topics, including the cargo-carrying capabilities of the passenger aircraft and whether carriers are really taking advantage of all the cargo opportunities available to maximise revenues. As well as a presentation from Southwest Airlines, who explained the importance of cargo to their business model, Boeing presented the cargo opportunities of their fleet including the new 787 and 747-8.
Richard Broom, Sales Director for A - Z Group and Organiser of the ACW Air Cargo Conference, said: "The attendance at the inaugural ACW Air Cargo Conference event exceeded all expectations with over 100 delegates listening intently to a range of quality speakers and
panellists from the air cargo industry. ACW and World Routes combined to produce a memorable event for all."
For further information, please visit www.acwaircargoconference.com.
- Ends -
Notes to Editors
• World Routes - The World Route Development Forum - is the world renowned annual airline and airport networking event. It facilitates and encourages the role of airports in the development of air services through organising global and region specific airline/airport networking forums.
• This year's World Routes is taking place in Vancouver, Canada, 19th-21st September. • Routes Regional events include Routes Americas, Routes Asia, Routes Europe, Routes Africa and Routes CIS.
• Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. www.asm-global.com.
• Both companies, and Routesonline.com, were acquired by UBM Aviation in August 2010. UBM Aviation specialises in the supply of data and information products, market intelligence, news and events related to the global aviation industry. More information can be found at
• In April 2007, Routes won the prestigious Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2007. The award, for outstanding business performance and commercial success, recognised Routes' sustained contribution to aviation route development through its innovative Regional and World Route Development Forums.
For further press information please contact Nadine Wenn at:
The Route Development Group (RDG)
T: +44 (0)161 234 2711
113 - 115 Portland Street
Manchester M1 6DW
Please login to view this content. Not a member? Create an account for free.