Read all the latest press releases here!
For further press information please contact:
ROUTESONLINE AND OAG EMBARK ON NEW ERA OF COLLABORATION
Posted 22/03/2011 - Viewed 3271 time(s)
22 March 2011, Manchester, England
Routesonline and OAG are changing the way the aviation community does business. From today, all Routesonline members will be able to access OAG’s fleet data on over 1,700 air operators, on www.routesonline.com.
David McMullen, Business Development Director, Routesonline, said that, “Routesonline is continually evolving thereby offering users a constantly improving experience and product. Having OAG fleet data available is the first of a series of OAG product offerings that will be available through Routesonline; global schedules and network data will also be on the website within the coming weeks”.
McMullen continued, saying, “What makes this development particularly exciting is that this level and range of information isn’t available through any other single website. Through our collaboration with OAG, global leaders in the provision of aviation data, we are able to set a precedent of huge value to our clients - and this is something we are committed to building on over the coming years”.
Data will be refreshed automatically, giving users up-to-date in-depth information at the touch of a button. It is a truly dynamic way of doing business, and users will be able to ‘follow’ other organisations in a way that will allow them to be aware of a huge range of the information about their key targets, including aircraft type, fleet size, seat configuration, maximum take-off weight and more.
Rob Shaw, Director of Analytical Services, OAG, noted that “By combining the world’s most comprehensive and accurate airline schedules and fleet data, OAG is able to provide the most up-to-date fleet data statistics to Routeonline clients. Furthermore, in the coming weeks additional functionality will include OAG’s advanced mapping capabilities, allowing clients to create detailed airport and airline route maps further enhancing the award winning Routesonline website”.
Routesonline, the online route development forum and official website of Routes, has, since its re-launch in May 2008, been a central resource to airports and airlines. Allowing airports to promote their market opportunities and airlines to access one resource for all their market data and route development information, it is no surprise that the company were award winners at the Flight Global Webbie Awards in the ‘Best Online Innovation’ Category. Their enhanced collaboration with OAG sets the tone of their future developments.
OAG provides the aviation community with the most accurate and comprehensive airlines information, analytical and forecasting services available today. Their portfolio includes a full range of aviation data products, industry analysis, forecasting and marketing solutions, and airport and airline consulting services from an award winning team.
Membership of Routesonline is free and open to all aviation and tourism professionals.
- Ends -
Notes to Editors
• The Routes business is focused entirely on aviation route development and the company’s portfolio includes events, media and online businesses.
• The company organises and operates world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and world, Route Development Forums. They are held in key markets throughout the year in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS.
• These events are supported by an online route development forum hosted on our website Routesonline. The site provides airports with the ability to promote their market opportunities and acts as the airline industry’s central source of market data and route development information.
• Integrated into Routesonline is the Route Exchange area which is the online trading zone for airline capacity. Airlines can actively campaign their target airports through this unique platform.
• Routes also has other key industry media including an online weekly newsletter, The HUB and the world air service development magazine, Routes news.
• Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports: www.asm-global.com.
• Routesonline.com, Routes and ASM were acquired by UBM Aviation Worldwide Ltd in August 2010. UBM Aviation specialises in the supply of data and information products, market intelligence, news and events related to the global aviation industry. More information can be found at www.ubmaviation.com.
• In 2009, Routesonline won the Fresh Digital Award for ‘Freshest Business to Business Website and was an Award Winner at the Flight Global Webbie Awards in the ‘Best Online Innovation Category’ where Flight Global noted that Routesonline “promises to change the way Airports and Airlines collaborate”.
• In April 2007, Routes won the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2007. The award, for outstanding business performance and commercial success, recognised Routes’ sustained contribution to aviation route development through its innovative Regional and World Route Development Forums.
For further press information please contact:
Routes (UBM Aviation)
T: +44 (0) 161 234 2711
Follow us on twitter: