The following is the Stop Press information from miscellaneous airline route news and GDS updates as of 27JAN11, including AirDo, AIRFRANCE-KLM, Air New Zealand, American Airlines-MALEV, Avianova, Lufthansa, Mega Global Air, Saudi Arabian Airlines and TACA.
- AirDo (Hokkaido International Airlines) from 27MAR11 introduces special livery “Bear-Do“, which the Boeing 737-500 aircraft features the airlines’ Bear mascot. Service to operate exclusively on Tokyo Haneda – Tokachi-Obihiro route.
- Air New Zealand announced from 24OCT11 it’ll be offering service on Auckland – Paraparaumu. Up to 3 Daily service on weekdays will be operated by Air Nelson Dash8-Q300 aircraft. Reservation for the 27th domestic point is New Zealand will be available later in the year. Also, Air Nelson operating service on Christchurch – Hokitika will be operated by 50-seater Dash8-Q300, replacing 32-seater Beechcraft 1900, from 18APR11.
- Russian carrier Avianova from 09APR11 launches 3 weekly each on Moscow Sheremetyevo – Surgut, Moscow Sheremetyevo – Tyumen and Surgut – Tyumen with A320.
- Mega Global Air, a new airline based in The Maldives, launched operation on 21JAN11. The airline is flying Boeing 767-300ER aircraft (C18Y225) on Gan Island – Hong Kong, every 5 days.
5M168 GAN2025 – 0600+1HKG 763 eff 21JAN11, every 5 days
5M169 HKG1810 – 2155GAN 763 eff 22JAN11, every 5 days
- AIRFRANCE has started codesharing on KLM‘s 3 of 10 weekly Amsterdam – Tokyo Narita service
- MALEV will place its “MA” code on American Airlines‘ new New York JFK – Budapest service from 05APR11
|Route||MA Codeshare||AA Operating|
|Budapest – New York JFK||MA4049||AA159|
|New York JFK – Budapest||MA4046||AA158|
|AF Codeshare||KL Operating|
|Amsterdam – Tokyo Narita||AF8246||KL863|
|Tokyo Narita – Amsterdam||AF8247||KL864|
GDS AVAILABILITY/INVENTORY UPDATE (note following mentioned situation are tentative. They will be further updated in coming days or weeks)
- As per 27JAN11 GDS display, it appears that Lufthansa is still awaiting for Chinese Government approval to operate A380 aircraft on Frankfurt – Beijing route on Daily basis from 28MAR11. Frankfurt Day x236, Beijing Day x347 departure currently remarked as “Subject to Government Approval”
- Previously mentioned on this site on 11JAN11, Saudi Arabian Airlines from 22JUN11 to 31JUL11 is increasing capacity to Paris CDG. 4 weekly each on Jeddah – Paris CDG and Riyadh – Paris CDG will be operated by Airbus A330-300 aircraft, replacing A320. These has been updated in the airlines’ inventory display and is now open for reservation. The A330-300 is configured in J36Y262 configuration, a capacity boost from J12Y120-configured A320.
- TACA canceled plans to operate Lima – Mendoza service as a result of failing to obtain rights on this route. GDS inventory/availability display for this route is now Zero’d out.