Built by the British Government of Sarawak in the 1940's, Kuching International Airport (KIA) has since become a gateway to the state of Sarawak as well as Brunei and Sabah. KIA is located 11km south of the city of Kuching. The airport's terminal is capable of handling 5 million passengers annually, making it the fourth busiest airport in Malaysia after KLIA, Kota Kinabalu Airport and Penang International Airport. It can also accommodate the Airbus A380 and Boeing 747 aircrafts. The...
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 4,772,453
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 29,362
Malindo Air in winter 2018 season is launching new domestic route, offering nonstop Kota Kinabalu – Kuching flight. From 28OCT18, Boeing...
- Wings Air reduces Pontianak – Kuching service from March 2018
- Wings Air launches Pontianak – Kuching from Jan 2018
- AirAsia boosts Kuching – Singapore flights from Dec 2017
- Route rundown: ZRH-KBP, KCH-SZX, MEX-LAS
- AirAsia plans Kuching – Shenzhen Dec 2017 launch
- Scoot files Kuching schedule in W17