Located 8km from the city of Kota Kinabalu, the airport acts as the main gateway into the state of Sabah and into Borneo. Formerly known as Jesselton Airfield during World-War II, the airport has gone through various phases of upgrade. Today, it is the second busiest airport in Malaysia after KL International Airport. The airport has a variety of retail and duty-free outlets, cafés and restaurants, as well as premium passenger lounges for your travelling convenience and comfort....
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 6,573,461
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 24,768
Indonesian carrier Wings Air from next week is adding new Malaysian service, as the airline schedules Balikpapan – Kota Kinabalu route....
- Malindo Air ends Kota Kinabalu – Taipei route in April 2018
- Royal Brunei plans extra regional frequencies from June 2018
- Malindo Airways expands Kota Kinabalu – China charters in 1Q18
- Malaysia Airlines S18 international changes as of 12DEC17
- Batik Air adds Kota Kinabalu service from Dec 2017
- Xiamen Airlines plans Beijing – Kota Kinabalu from Jan 2018