Located 8km from the city of Kota Kinabalu, the airport acts as the main gateway into the state of Sabah and into Borneo. Formerly known as Jesselton Airfield during World-War II, the airport has gone through various phases of upgrade. Today, it is the second busiest airport in Malaysia after KL International Airport. The airport has a variety of retail and duty-free outlets, cafés and restaurants, as well as premium passenger lounges for your travelling convenience and comfort....
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 6,573,461
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 24,768
AirAsia from August 2018 is increasing Kota Kinabalu – Singapore service, where the airline offers new morning service on this route. The...
- Thai AirAsia June – August 2018 International service increase
- Malindo Air adds Kota Kinabalu – Singapore charters from July 2018
- Wings Air adds Balikpapan – Kota Kinabalu service from late-May 2018
- Malindo Air ends Kota Kinabalu – Taipei route in April 2018
- Royal Brunei plans extra regional frequencies from June 2018
- Malindo Airways expands Kota Kinabalu – China charters in 1Q18