Located 8km from the city of Kota Kinabalu, the airport acts as the main gateway into the state of Sabah and into Borneo. Formerly known as Jesselton Airfield during World-War II, the airport has gone through various phases of upgrade. Today, it is the second busiest airport in Malaysia after KL International Airport. The airport has a variety of retail and duty-free outlets, cafés and restaurants, as well as premium passenger lounges for your travelling convenience and comfort....
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 6,573,461
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 24,768
Xiamen Airlines in winter 2018/19 season is introducing 2 new routes in South East Asia, including service to Vietnam and Malaysia. Planned...
- Malindo Air adds Kota Kinabalu – Kuching service in W18
- AirAsia doubles Kota Kinabalu – Shenzhen flights in W18
- China Southern adds Shenzhen – Kota Kinabalu route from late-Sep 2018
- AirAsia adds Kota Kinabalu – Macau from Nov 2018
- Malindo Air adds scheduled Kota Kinabalu – Singapore service from August 2018
- AirAsia doubles Kota Kinabalu – Singapore service from August 2018