Penang International Airport is located 12 km south of George Town. It is a medium-sized airport with extensive connectivity to major cities in South East Asia. Serving the people of Penang and the surrounding states of Perlis, Kedah, and Northern Perak, the airport has catchment area with a combined population of 5.7 million people. The airport has a variety of retail and duty-free outlets, cafés and restaurants, as well as premium passenger lounges for travelling convenience and...
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 6,258,756
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 130,392
Malindo Air from December 2017 plans to offer service to Hat Yai , with flights from both Kuala Lumpur and Penang, 4 weekly each. ATR72 aircraft...
- Malaysia Airlines schedules regional A350 service in W17
- Qatar Airways plans Penang launch in Feb 2018
- SilkAir moves forward 737MAX 8 debut to early-Oct 2017
- China Airlines W17 operation changes as of 19JUL17
- Malindo Air outlines China scheduled charters in 3Q17
- Thai AirAsia increases Penang flights from May 2017