Introduction to Palanga Airport
Palanga Airport is a regional airport located in the west part of Lithuania, near the Baltic Sea. The third largest city, ice-free seaport, Klaipeda is located 35 km south of the airport. The Airport has perfect road links with major cities of the region and neighbor countries.
The catchment area within the range of 80 km is a population of 570 000 people. Length of airport runway is 2280 meters, width – 45 meters. Airport infrastructure allows handling aircrafts of medium and small sizes: Boeing-737, A320, Dash Q400, CRJ900, CRJ200, ATR-42, etc.
With airBaltic announcing that three new leisure destinations will be added to its network in July, we take a look at the Latvian carrier’s summer...
- Icelandair and airBaltic to codeshare
- airBaltic cuts 50% of flights through October
- The renovated Palanga Airport will open in 2020
- Flights from Palanga to Bergen will be launched in Autumn
- Wizz Air commences new route from Palanga to Dortmund in Germany
- Ryanair builds in the Baltics with new Vilnius base