Read all the latest press releases here!
For further press information please contact:
The Asia Pacific Aviation Industry Decends On Adelaide For The 8th Routes Asia
Posted 19/04/2010 - Viewed 3619 time(s)
- For Immediate Release -
Adelaide, Australia, 19 April 2010
As the curtain has come up on the 8th Routes Asia event, Adelaide has welcomed delegates to the annual forum offering an unsurpassed platform for airlines, airports and tourism authorities to meet, share industry information and discuss their respective route networks.
It is the first time that this key event in the region's air transport calendar is being held in Australia. More than 450 delegates from all across the Asia Pacific region have gathered, proving the success of the event and the interest in the Australian market.
Following the highly successful World Routes event in Beijing last September, Chinese airport and airline registrations are up over 100% on last year, reflecting the heightened interest in the region and the economic links between China and Australia. Chinese airports attending include Beijing Capital International Airport, Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, Wuhan Tianhe International Airport, Shanghai Airport Authority and Sichuan Province Airport Group. Carriers attending include Air China, China Eastern Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Hainan Airlines and Shenzhen Airlines.
Adelaide Airport Ltd (AAL) has welcomed more than 60 airlines to the event - all wanting to meet with the 170 airport delegates and 24 tourism representatives attending the event.
AAL Managing Director and Adelaide Convention Bureau Chair, Phil Baker, in welcoming Routes Asia delegates, said Australia - and particularly South Australia - had grown significantly as a major business and tourism destination for the Asian market.
"We see Asian destinations as providing the greatest potential for expansion of non-stop services to and from Adelaide, and we'll be keen to demonstrate our ability to cater for increased capacity during the event," he said.
The event this year is host to a number of 'firsts'. Adelaide is seeing the arrival of the Route Exchange Chalet, allowing carriers that are requesting airport bids through Routesonline to have pre-arranged 50-minute meetings. Airlines such as Virgin Blue, Jetstar and Tiger Airways are using the chalet to inform airports of their requirements for new services and their latest network development plans.
A further development is that this year's forum is also the first Routes Asia where each airline in attendance has supplied a list of requirements for their meetings, including the regions and markets they are hoping to meet and the information they wish to receive. This enables all delegates to get the maximum benefit from the event.
To find out more about the event, visit www.routesonline.com.
- Ends -
Notes to Editors:
- World Routes - The World Route Development Forum - is the world renowned annual airline and airport networking event. Routes facilitates and encourages the role of airports in the development of air services through organising global and region specific airline/airport networking forums.
- This year's World Route Development Forum will take place in Vancouver, Canada, 19th-21st September.
- Routes Regional events include Routes Americas, Routes Asia, Routes Europe, Routes Africa and Routes CIS.
- Routes was founded in 1995 by Chairman Mike Howarth as part of the Manchester UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. www.asm-global.com.
- Both companies are now subsidiaries of RDG -The Route Development Group - which is the leading global solutions provider in the strategically important 'route development' sector of air transport. www.routedevgroup.com
- In April 2007, Routes also won the prestigious Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2007. The award, for outstanding business performance and commercial success, recognised Routes' sustained contribution to aviation route development through its innovative Regional and World Route Development Forums.
For further press information please contact Nadine Wenn at:
The Route Development Group (RDG)
T: +44 (0)161 234 2711
113-115 Portland Street
Manchester M1 6DW