Built by the British Government of Sarawak in the 1940's, Kuching International Airport (KIA) has since become a gateway to the state of Sarawak as well as Brunei and Sabah. KIA is located 11km south of the city of Kuching. The airport's terminal is capable of handling 5 million passengers annually, making it the fourth busiest airport in Malaysia after KLIA, Kota Kinabalu Airport and Penang International Airport. It can also accommodate the Airbus A380 and Boeing 747 aircrafts. The...
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 4,772,453
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 29,362
Scoot in the last 24 hours filed operational schedule for planned Singapore – Kuching service, scheduled to commence on 29OCT17. Airbus...
- Silk Air ends 2 routes in W17
- AirAsia plans Langkawi – Kuching flight from August 2017
- AirAsia plans Kuching – Pontianak June 2017 launch
- Hong Kong Airlines discontinues Kuching service in Feb 2017
- Malaysia Airlines plans additional Penang routes in Nov/Dec 2016
- Malindo Air Planned Service Increase from May 2016