About The Airport
Stavanger, Europe’s leading energy region, is going through exciting developments in business and tourism.
The Stavanger region is Norway’s third largest urban area, with about 400,000 residents, 130,000 of them in the city. The area has generally been Norway’s most successful economic region.
The local oil and gas sector drives Norway's role as leading oil and gas exporter. The relatively southerly climate contributes to pleasant summer weather and a highly productive agricultural sector.
- Headquarters of Equinor Formally Statoil)
- 100,000 employed in oil and gas sector
- EUR 15-20 billion in oil & gas investments
- Hosts biennal Offshore Northern Seas (ONS) convention
- New Tellenes wind farm with 12-year Google supply contract
- Jæren district in Rogaland is one of Norway's biggest agricultural producers
The region has a long reputation as an agricultural and culinary centre of expertise. In recent years, it has also begun to expand its role in hosting local and international cultural events. Tourism is important to the region, based on urban culture; outdoor activities such as surfing and hiking; and spectacular natural sights such as fjords and mountains.
- Renowned culinary arts cluster
- Hosts Gladmat, Scandinavia's largest food festival
- European Street Art hot spot
- 2008 European Capital of Culture
- World-famous Pulpit Rock viewpoint
- Unique Lysebotn hairpin mountain tunnel drive
Avinor Stavanger Airport is the leading airport in Southern Norway and the country's fourth-largest, with flights to 32 international and 6 domestic destinations. A new terminal for 6 million passengers is under construction. Stavanger ranks as number 12 in the world on OAG's small airport listing with an on-time performance of 83.5%.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: SAS, Norwegian, KLM, Wizz, Wideroe
- Number of Serving Airlines: 16
- Number of Direct Destinations: 48
- Number of Terminals: 2 (passenger and helicopter)
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2556
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 4.2 Million
- Ownership: Avinor AS
- Operational Opening Hours: 24 hours
- Total Catchment Population: 550,000
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 21