Read all the latest press releases here!
For further press information please contact:
Jet2.com - A Success Story From This Year's Routes Europe
Posted 24/06/2010 - Viewed 3601 time(s)
Manchester, 28 May 2010
This year's Routes Europe in Toulouse was host to over 3,000 route development meetings across the annual event's two days, and during this time Jet2.com managed to fit in over 80 pre-scheduled airport meetings.
Janice Mather, the airline's General Manager, Airports and Tourism Organisations, explains how they get maximum benefit from the Routes events: "Before the Routes events start, we encourage airports to send through their presentations or key points, either direct to us or through Route Exchange on Routesonline. We ask them to keep it brief and concise, focusing on what's changed since we last met, and to provide an update on their commercial aspects, fees and charges, ground handling, incentives and marketing support."
Jet2.com brings in a large team to both Routes Europe and World Routes. In Toulouse this year, the team comprised Mather - responsible for airports and tourism organisations - and David Neill, General Manager Planning & Industry Affairs. Managing Director Ian Doubtfire also attended and participated in key strategic meetings.
"By having full diaries, we were able to have over 80 scheduled meetings - we even opened up another table due to demand," says Mather. "As well as speaking with existing clients, we are always keen to see any airports that want to talk to us, as you never know what might come out of a meeting."
"The follow-up after the event is also key," she adds. Jet2.com asks airports to send their presentations through by email after the events.
As World Routes approaches, this year being hosted in Vancouver from 19th-21st September, the importance of forward planning and preparation only intensifies. Nigel Mayes, Routes Managing Director, says:
"The approach that Janice has given is a great example of what should be done in order to make the most of the Routes experience.
"We encourage delegates to communicate through our website, www.routesonline.com. Prior to the events, carriers will place up their requests through Route Exchange, whilst at the event, we offer a number of meeting environments, from private chalets to meeting tables, as well as informal networking opportunities. This ensures that real business happens at Routes."
- Ends -
Notes to Editors:
- § World Routes - The World Route Development Forum - is the world renowned annual airline and airport networking event. Routes facilitates and encourages the role of airports in the development of air services through organising global and region specific airline/airport networking forums.
- § This year's World Route Development Forum will take place in Vancouver, Canada, 19th-21st September.
- § Routes Regional events include Routes Americas, Routes Asia, Routes Europe, Routes Africa and Routes CIS.
- § Routes was founded in 1995 by Chairman Mike Howarth as part of the Manchester UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. www.asm-global.com.
- § Both companies are now subsidiaries of RDG -The Route Development Group - which is the leading global solutions provider in the strategically important 'route development' sector of air transport. www.routedevgroup.com
- § In April 2007, Routes also won the prestigious Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2007. The award, for outstanding business performance and commercial success, recognised Routes' sustained contribution to aviation route development through its innovative Regional and World Route Development Forums.
For further press information please contact Nadine Wenn at:
The Route Development Group (RDG)
T: +44 (0)161 234 2711
113-115 Portland Street
Manchester M1 6DW