Read all the latest press releases here!
For further press information please contact:
Record Year for Routes
Posted 05/01/2012 - Viewed 2519 time(s)
Organiser of world’s largest civil aviation event aims for further growth in 2012
Last year was a record year for Routes with more delegates than ever before attending its World and Regional Route Development Forums, despite the challenging macro-economic climate and considerable headwinds for the aviation industry.
In 2011, Routes organised a total of seven events around the globe, one more than in 2010. The events, which focus entirely on aviation route development, have become the must attend events of the year that shape the world’s air services.
David Stroud, Executive Vice President Airports at Routes organiser UBM Aviation said:
“The record attendance at our events highlights the importance of intelligent network planning during this challenging time. In today’s tough economic climate, airlines, airports and tourism authorities need to identify and grasp opportunities quickly to gain a competitive advantage. With 15,000 one-to-one meetings at World Routes alone, we offer the fastest and most efficient platform for everyone involved in creating new air links.”
“We know the industry has a tough year ahead, but already the signs are strong that in 2012 we will be able to welcome even more delegates to more events leading to more new air services, including regional forums on all continents and an even bigger and better World Routes in Abu Dhabi.”
Routes organises and operates world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and World Route Development Forums. They are held in key markets throughout the year in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and the CIS.
Highlights of 2011
World Routes, the most important event of the year which is also the world’s largest civil aviation forum, was held in Berlin in October, hosted by Germany’s future capital airport Berlin Brandenburg Airport which is to open in June this year. Over 2,700 attendees, including nearly 1100 airport and 550 airline delegates from over 300 airlines made up the largest and most senior attendance at any Routes event to date.
With the 10th Routes Asia in Incheon, South Korea, the 4th Routes Americas in the Dominican Republic, the 6th Routes Europe in Cagliari, Italy, and the 6th Routes Africa in Bamako, Mali, four successful Routes Regional events took place last year to foster air links within the world’s key regional aviation markets.
Routes’ first new event of the year was Routes Tourism Mediterranean in Antalya, Turkey. It was the first special Routes event focusing on the tourism sector and the promotion of a specific destination. Over 200 delegates attended from airlines, tour operators, destination suppliers, and tourist authorities.
Invest & Manage, the second new event of the year, took place in London on 8-9 December 2011, bringing together a wide range of airports, airport operators and infrastructure investors from across the world at a pivotal time. The format of private one-to-one meetings allowed real business to be done between airports seeking investment and management expertise, investors looking for airport infrastructure opportunities, and airport operators aiming to extend their portfolio of managed assets around the world.
Routes events are supported by an online route development forum hosted on the company’s website, Routesonline. The site was enhanced and improved in 2011 and continues to be the very best platform for the route development community. It provides airports with the ability to promote their market opportunities and acts as the airline industry's central source of market data and route development information. Integrated into Routesonline is the Route Exchange area which is the online trading zone for airline capacity. Airlines can actively campaign their target airports through this unique platform.
Looking ahead: events in 2012
At least seven events are planned for this year:
- Routes America: 19-21 February, Nassau (The Bahamas)
- Routes Asia: 15-17 April, Chengdu (China)
- Routes Europe: 20-22 May, Tallinn (Estonia)
- Routes CIS: 24-26 June, Ekaterinburg (Russia)
- Routes Africa (date and host to be announced soon)
- Invest & Manage Airports: 5-7 September, Monaco
- World Routes: 30 September-2 October, Abu Dhabi (UAE)
Future events that have already been announced include Routes Europe (Budapest), Routes Americas (Cartagena) and Routes Asia (Mumbai) in 2013 and World Routes in 2013 (Las Vegas) and in 2014 (Chicago).
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK‐based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. www.asm‐global.com
- Routes and ASM were acquired by UBM Aviation Worldwide Ltd in August 2010. Routes is a UBM Aviation brand. UBM Aviation specialises in the supply of data and information products, market intelligence, news and events related to the global aviation industry. More information can be found at www.ubmaviation.com
For further press information please contact:
UBM Aviation Routes Limited
T: +44 (0) 161 234 2730
Follow us on twitter: