Athens: Wizz Air Abu Dhabi
1st destination, set for launch!:)
In these extremely difficult times for our sector, we are really excited with the Wizz Air Abu Dhabi decision to launch operations between Abu Dhabi -Athens on Jan. 15th.
Athens will be the first destination for Wizz air Abu Dhabi and the route will be operated on a 2-weekly basis ( Monday and Friday)
Some points regarding the specific market :
2019 (pre-covid19) Abu Dhabi/UAE traffic highlights:
- Athens - Abu Dhabi segment traffic @152,182 (round-trip PAX)
- Tourism Arrivals from UAE: 47,700 pax, achieving a growth of +13% vs. 2018
- Abu Dhabi operated by Etihad Airways with 14 weekly frequencies during Summer and daily during Winter period on a mix of A320 & B787 type a/c .
- Total segment traffic to/from UAE @ 440,000 (round-trip PAX), with services to Dubai, in addition to Abu Dhabi.
- WizzAir 2 new weekly frequencies during winter, will supplement existing Etihad Airways 2 weekly frequencies on the route.
- Passenger travel & Services to Abu Dhabi are currently allowed by the Greek Government. More info here: https://www.aia.gr/traveler/travellers-info/faq-for-covid19
As we are getting ready to warmly welcome our new airline partner, we would also like to convey to all of you our best wishes for a...Normal New Year with personal fulfillment and professional achievements!