About The Airport
Oslo Airport is the fastest growing international hub in the Nordics and the central hub of Avinor’s 44-airport strong nationwide network.
The fresh pioneer spirit of Oslo is creating an international attraction and aviation hub.
Norway’s fast-growing, governmental, economic and cultural capital. A uniquely compact global city on the rise and one of Europe’s youngest capitals. Here, leading businesses and a fast-growing startup scene thrive in an innovative and inspiring cultural centre. Oslo is a fountain of innovation in business, culture, the arts, sustainable living and the home of Norway’s Government Pension Fund. The world’s #1 sovereign wealth fund reached $1 trillion in 2017.
Norway’s biggest business centre. A global shipping, seafood and oil & gas centre. Also a fast-growing startup and innovation hub.
- #3 metropolitan area – Brookings Institute GDP rankings (2015)
- 6th most dollar millionaires per capita
- Projected 10.2 billion in Euro regional investments (2016–2020)
- #11 – World Economic Forum Global Growth Competitiveness (2016–2017)
Culture & Tourism
The city has an extremely high quality of life, a rich culture and entertainment scene. Many travel experts consider Oslo to be the European cultural capital to visit now.
- European Commission: Oslo European Green capital 2019
- Best convention destination in Scandinavia (UIA Report 2016)
- Scandinavian-leading 5,000 live concerts annually
- The world’s highest density of Teslas. Over half of Oslo’s new cars are fully electric or hybrids.
Avinor Oslo Airport
Oslo is Norway’s international hub airport, with 120 international and 33 domestic destinations. The latest passenger terminal expansion, opened in April 2017, brings capacity to 32 million. The airport, which operates in an underserved cargo market, will open a world-leading 250,000 ton capacity seafood and general cargo terminal in 2020. Avinor Oslo Airport is the first airport building in the world to receive an “Excellent” BREEAM sustainability rating.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Norwegian, SAS, Lufthansa, KLM, Widerøe
- Number of Serving Airlines: 36
- Number of Direct Destinations: 144
- Number of Terminals: 2
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3600
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 25.6
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 130,000
- Ownership: Avinor
- Operational Opening Hours: 24h
- Total Catchment Population: 3,000,000
- Urban Population: 900,000
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 52