About The Airport
Situated 1000 km from Lisbon, Madeira Islands are linked to the world by several international airlines that offer services at Madeira International Airport and Porto Santo Airport.
With connections to over 48 airports and capacity for 3,500,000 passengers, Madeira Airport is a safe and modern infrastructure where the quality of service guarantees its passengers an excellent gateway to the islands.
This year, Madeira Airport is celebrating its 50º anniversary. Back in 1964, it started to be an important bridge from Madeira to the world. Today Madeira Airport is a modern structure with a runway that has been internationally awarded as an engineering masterpiece: as the runway was enlarged, part of it was built by the sea.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: TAP Portugal; Easyjet; TUI; Transavia.com; Jet2.com
- Number of Serving Airlines: 30
- Number of Direct Destinations: 48
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 2 (23/05)
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2.781m x 45m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 3.3 million pax in 2017
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 2.9 in 2017
- Ownership: ANA - Aeroportos de Portugal
- Operational Opening Hours: H24
- Total Catchment Population: 268 thousand inhabitants
- Urban Population: 190 thousand inhabitants
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 15 (2 wide body)