About The Airport
Welcome to LIS!
In 2017, Lisbon airport handled 26,6 million passengers (commercial pax) representing a growth of 18,8% over 2016.
Commercial movements reached 199.262 (+11,5%) and the available seats 32.064.138 (+15%). The average load factor in 2017 was 83,2%.
Lisbon Airport is the biggest and most important Portuguese Airport, covering 122 destinations, operated by 52 scheduled airlines. It is also Europe's gateway to Brazil, one of the most important hubs to Africa and the biggest European airport serving South America among the Star Alliance hubs.
Lisbon's attractiveness and performance has been recognized, nominated and awarded not only by several tourism related entities (travel magazines, websites, consumer choices) but also by the business industry (International meetings, corporate events, worldwide notorious events) consolidating Lisbon as a renowned destination.
See you in Lisbon!
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: TAP Portugal, Ryanair, easyJet, Transavia,Vuelling
- Number of Serving Airlines: 54
- Number of Direct Destinations: 135
- Number of Terminals: 2
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3925
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 26,6
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 115.7
- Operational Opening Hours: 24h
- Total Catchment Population: 5 million
- Urban Population: 2,6 million
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 71