About The Airport
Azores Airport in Ponta Delgada is an international airport located on the island of São Miguel, in the Portuguese archipelago of the Azores.
Located 2 km (1.2 mi) west of the city centre of Ponta Delgada, it is the primary and busiest airport in the Azores.
And fifth largest infrastructure managed by ANA Aeroportos de Portugal
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Azores Airlines, SATA Air Azores, Ryanair, TAP Portugal, EasyJet Airlines
- Number of Serving Airlines: 6
- Number of Direct Destinations: 25
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: One - 12/30
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2.353
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 2.24 million (in 2017)
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 573.2 (in 2017)
- Operational Opening Hours: 06:00 - 24:00
- Total Catchment Population: 250.000 inhabitants
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 16 (up to 747)