The Routes business is focused entirely on aviation route development and the company's portfolio includes events, media and online businesses.
The company organises and operates world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and World Route Development Forums. They are held in key markets throughout the year in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and the CIS.
These events are supported by the online platform for air service development, Route Exchange. This area of the site provides airports with the ability to promote their market opportunities and acts as the airline industry's central source of market data and route development information.
Routes also has other key industry media including an online weekly newsletter, The HUB and the world air service development magazine, Routes News. Our news and analysis content is written by Richard Maslen, Editor Routesonline whilst all of our breaking route announcements come via Jim Liu who writes for our sister website Airlineroute.net.
Discover more about Routes today: see our event section for event programmes, attendee lists and host destinations or find out all the latest route development news and analysis in our news area, watch interviews with our delegates in our Routes TV section, join the Route Exchange area, where you can carry out your daily route development activities online, but first of all ensure your register with us and create a personal profile so that you can connect with the route development community online through our contacts area.
You will find all this and more on Routesonline, where the route development community meets!
Routes is a UBM Live brand
Previous World Routes Events
- Cannes, France, 14-15 September 1995 - The first ever Routes event.
- Abu Dhabi, UAE, 14-15 October 1996 - hosted by Abu Dhabi International Airport
- Oslo, Norway, 15-16 September 1997 - hosted by Oslo Airport
- London, England, 21-22 September 1998 - hosted by BAA.
- Rome, Italy, 20-21 September 1999 - hosted by Aeroporti di Roma
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 18-19 September 2000 - hosted by Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Dublin, Ireland, 16-18 September 2001 - hosted by Aer Rianta
- Athens, Greece, 22-24 September 2002 - hosted by Athens International Airport
- Edinburgh, Scotland, 7-9 September 2003 - hosted by BAA Scotland
- Madrid, Spain, 26-28 September 2004 - hosted by Aena
- Copenhagen, Denmark, 25-27 September 2005 - hosted by Copenhagen Airports
- Dubai, UAE, 17-19 September 2006 - hosted by Dubai International Airport
- Stockholm, Sweden, 23-25 September 2007 - hosted by Stockholm Arlanda International Airport
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 12-14 October 2008, hosted by Malaysia Airports
- Beijing, China, 13-15 September 2009, hosted by Beijing Capital International Airport
- Vancouver, Canada, 19-21 September 2010, hosted by Vancouver Airport Authority
- Berlin, Germany, 2-4 October 2011, hosted by Berlin Bradenburg Airport
- Abu Dhabi, UAE, 29 September - 2nd October 2012, hosted by Abu Dhabi Airports Company
- Las Vegas, USA, 5-8 October 2013, hosted by McCarran International Airport & Las Vegas Convention Centre
Previous Regional Routes events
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, hosted by Malaysia Airports for 3 years in 2003-2005
- Pattaya, Thailand, 9-11 April 2006, hosted by Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited
- Hainan, China, 25-27 March 2007, hosted by Hainan Meilan International Airport
- Macau, China, 11-13 April 2008, hosted by Macau International Airport
- Hyderabad, India, 29-31 March 2009, hosted by Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (GMR Group).
- Adelaide, Australia, 18-20 April 2010, hosted by Adelaide Airport
- Incheon, South Korea, 27-29 March 2011, hosted by Incheon International Airport Corporation
- Chengdu, China, 15-17 April 2012, hosted by Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport
- Mumbai, India, 17-19 March 2013, hosted by GVK Mumbai International Airport
- Casablanca, Morocco, 5-7 March 2006, hosted by ONDA
- Cairo, Egypt, 27-29 March 2007, hosted by Egyptian Holdings Airport Company
- Dakar, Senegal, 25-27 May 2008, hosted by Dakar International Airport
- Marrakech, Morocco, 7-9 June 2009, hosted by ONDA
- Ezulwini Valley, Swaziland, 30 May -1 June 2010 hosted by Sikhuphe International Airport
- Bamako, Mali 3-5 July 2011 hosted by Aeroports du Mali
- Victoria, Seychelles, 8-10 July 2012 hosted by Seychelles Tourism Board and Seychelles Civil Aviation Authority
- Kampala, Uganda, 7-9 July 2013, hosted by Entebbe International Airport
- Warsaw, Poland, 21-23 May 2006, hosted by PPL
- Sofia, Bulgaria, 13-15 May 2007, hosted by Sofia International Airport
- Porto, Portugal, 11 - 13 May 2008, hosted by ANA - Aeroportos de Portugal
- Prague, Czech Republic 17-19 May 2009, hosted by Prague Airport
- Toulouse, France, 13 -15 May 2010, hosted by Toulouse Airport
- Cagliari, Sardinia 8-10 May 2011 hosted by Cagliari Airport
- Tallinn, Estonia 20-22 May 2012 hosted by Tallinn Airport
- Budapest, Hungary, 12-14 May, hosted by Budapest Airport
- Cancun, Mexico 2008 and 2009 hosted by ASUR - Mexico's Leading Airports
- Lima, Peru, 14- 16 February 2010, hosted by Lima Airport Partners
- Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, 13-15 February 2011, hosted by Aerodom
- Nassau, Paradise Island, Bahamas, 19-21 February 2012, hosted by Nassau Airport Development Company
- Cartagena, Colombia, 10-12 February 2013, hosted by Sociedad Aeroportuaria de la Costa S.A, and its partners; Cartagena de Indias, Pro Export Colombia and The Ministry of Trade, Industry and Tourism, Colombia